Génova, history and mores
$20 per person
Ascending towards the mountains of the south of the department of Quindío, between bamboo groves, rivers and streams, there is my municipality. A pleasant place, quiet, of agricultural and coffee tradition, and especially, a space of interaction with nature, surrounded by mountains and bathed by three rivers, Gray river, Red river, and the San Juan river. There is a place of fertile lands and abundance known as Génova.
I invite you to live a nice and unforgettable experience within my municipality, where you can connect and feel yourself part of the environment, go inside the typical coffee culture, to know the history and symbolic places like, for instance, the San José church and the old little mansions that because of their architecture inspired by styles of previous centuries, they are some of the most representative and admired of the department.
We will also be in the main streets of Génova to finish the tour in the emblematic house Villa Gloria, where we will be able to enjoy a good cup of coffee and the gastronomic diversity of the traditional arepa from the traditional author’s kitchen.
- A walk along the main streets, the San Jose church, the traditional architecture, local anecdotes about one famous guerrilla leader, Pedro Antonio Marín, aka ‘Tiro Fijo’ (Fixed Shot).
- In the end, we will try a cup of special single-origin coffee and the typical recipe at Villa Gloria.
The activity includes
- Tour around the town.
- Typical mountaineer's lunch.
- Coffee tasting.
- Traditional author’s food at Villa Gloria.
Notes / Observations / Restrictions
- Fluent Spanish, not English.
- About 3 hours long.
- Groups up to 8.
Armenia Transport terminal (Terminal de transportes)
Génova, Quindío, Colombia